Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday!!!!!

Left shoulder is bugging me a bit. Whether the workouts have been a bit too intense or I slept on it the wrong way...it's a nuisance. DOMS may be playing a role in the discomfort as well. Legs and the rest of the body feel ready to kick off the week. I'll limit overhead and exacerbative movements today when training. As you will see below, I'm focusing on pulling exercises and avoiding overhead/pushing movements. Pretty excited about my first full week of training. Other than the slight shoulder discomfort, I feel great!

Today's workout will be at Paramus around 5pm!

Program:
-Warm-up: TM incline walk 5 min, Versa climber 5 min, and jump rope 5 min (No Prob)

-Workout:
1. Pull-down Progressives (20-15-10) OK (Standing cable wide grip then alternating)
2. DB Bent over rows B/ALT (20-15-10) OK (20 lbs DB)
1. Side Lunge (15-10-10) OK (0 lbs)
2. 1 ft. B box jumps (15-10-10) OK (0 lbs)
1. Standing Uni cable row/twist (15-15-10) OK (35 lbs)
2. Self-assisted pull-up on dip bars (15-15-10) OK
1. 1 ft. S/L step ups (15-10-10) OK (box was more like 16 inches and one leg at a time)
2. Squats (15-15-10) OK (touch ass on box each rep)
1. DB Bicep curls progressives (15-15-10) OK (20 lbs DB - Bilat then alternating)
2. DB Grip twists with slight lat raise (15-15-15) OK (20 lbs DB)

-Abs:
1. Leg lifts progressives (15-10-10) OK
2. Bench plank with KTC (15-10-10) OK
3. Crunches/twist (15-10-10) OK

RPE: 15 Time: 5o min (start to finish)

UPDATE: Althought RPE doesn't say it felt much better...it did. Did not feel as nauseous as last week. The longer warm-up seems to help. I feel my body responding to everything and I love it! The shoulder felt good since I avoided exacerbative movements. Actually...it feel better already. It should settle down with a good night's rest and proper positioning during sleep.

TODAY'S MEALS:
-BREAKFAST: My super shake and fish oil
-LUNCH: Leftover mom's california rolls and mmm good chicken breast/veggie dish
-SNACK: New cliff protein bar 20g of protein (I'm not a fan of bars but tried it...it was good)
-DINNER: Fish, fish, and more fish. some rice and a mixture of healthy korean food.
-SNACK: Trader Joe's gluten free granola mix and an oatmeal cookie.
-SNACK: whey shake 25g protein.

2 comments: