Monday, January 4, 2010

Here it goes.....

I'm going to figure this out!!
Hopefully, all my posts will make some sense to some of you... =)
Finally getting to put this HD video cam to use! Pretty excited about this opportunity to document my progress and soon the progress of first 2 chosen "subjects". Daily posts will be made as our pursuit of fitness is documented via daily diets, training regimen, and random pictures/videos from the day. This will be kept up indefinitely and hopefully new "subjects" will be added to this blog for all to witness and observe. Please feel to ask/comment on anything posted.
My name is Taylor and hopefully this begins the most exciting chapter in my life - returning to basics! I'm an entrepreneur, doctor of physical therapy, commercial real estate broker, and a fitness professional. Hmmm...why? I get that same look and question a few times a day. The challenge is what I live for but have come to realize there are certain realities in my life which I can no longer deny. These realities will hopefully be better explained through all the posts. Somehow I feel this process will enhance the clarity of my thoughts and naturally lead me on a fun revealing journey. Yes, I am one of those who is in pursuit of reaching my true professional/life potential. Returning to basics implies my renewed sense of appreciation for what I am and the last 15 years of life.
Healthcare has taught me tremendous lessons on professionalism, human need/care, and ethical practice/thinking. It created an opportunity for me to design a business model which is of sound structure and progressive/dynamic in nature. Commercial real estate brokerage exposed me to a group/breed of very confident people and taught me the power of tact and focus. Personal training showed me how fitness and its many practiced activities can serve as an outlet for so many on the brink. Although often hidden behind a pretty face or a hot body, insecurities still drive most of us to do what we do...day in and day out.
You still ask why? On paper, I have the ideal resume for an exceptionally successful career/business in the fitness industry. However, I don't feel that's enough. Just like the other top people in any industry, there has to be more or something...a factor almost impossible to define in words or speech. It has to be felt - people just know it when they meet you. I'm hoping to discover what I need to discover.
I strongly feel this blog will be the last piece of discovery I need to begin sprinting and accomplishing in the fitness or any industry. Of course...this is how I'm imagining is how it'll pan out. As many of us have learned or are learning, life has a way of doing what it feels like doing. I guess I'll just have to start taking these first steps and let life do its thing. If it happens to be in line with my expectations...great. If it happens to lead me somewhere else...great. As long as this journey is progressive and true to me, I'm 100% satisfied.

Today started off waking up to the reality of this lingering cold sticking around for a few more days. I'm on day 3 of antibiotics and have never looked so forward to getting started again on a fitness regimen. Had a bunch of meetings at Panera Bread in Paramus, NJ and did tons more in research for Jato Fitness. Did I say how much I'm looking forward to begin kicking my own ass?? Well, I am! Began learning how to use this HD vcam and spoke to Ed Lopez on Skype about blogging a few other items of discussion. Ed is a friend & an owner of Dew Drop Digital (awesome web design company). As a "retired" google manager, he recommended blogger. Although I've known Ed for only a few months, I've gained utmost respect for his expertise and advice related to web design and online services. There is no doubt, I'll be bugging Ed with more questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment