Friday, February 12, 2010

oh well..

So...I hate to admit it, but I think I went a bit overboard on Monday. The fact I haven't been able to sleep through the night due to a kink in the neck/shoulder blade for a week prior to Monday didn't help either. It appears the most injurious thing I do during a 24 hour period is sleeping. First, it was the phantom shoulder pain which suddenly went away within 12 hours...now, the kink in the neck. The neck is feeling much better, but now I have to deal with this cold. WAHHHHHH!!! I just want to do my thang... =)
Well, lesson learned...don't spar with Joel then workout like a mad man after days of interrupted sleep. The worst part of this is that I knew it on Monday. My gut told me to hold off or maybe just do one or the other. Unfortunately, my ego and pride got in the way. I have to keep reminding myself to establish a nice pace...a gradual increase in intensity.
Well, it looks like training for the next few days is not an option. If I'm able to breathe through the nose again by Sunday, I'll try to sneak into the gym. Otherwise, the goal is to recover by Monday and get back on track.
By the way, some really cool things have been happening in my life. I won't go into details since I'll probably bore you. Basically, I've been able to connect with some really grounded people who I respect tremendously. They are definitely lending another level of perspective which provokes productive thought and action. It's always good to have friends who know you and challenge you to reach your potential. Life is not all about work, paying a mortgage, or accruing as much $$/toys. It's about appreciating what we have...the ability to make the best of our work, a roof over our heads which protects, and the opportunity to succeed enormously...and the people (family, friends, and even strangers) who give meaning to this blink-of-an-eye-moment called life. It's amazing how time has flown by and how much of it we've filled with completely insignifcant/meaningless "things" and stresses. It's the big picture we so often forget to keep as our "lens" through which we view life. Anyway, I can go on and on about this stuff... Hopefully, Sunday we shall resume...

No comments:

Post a Comment